Monday, September 5, 2011

Re-Visioning Our Health Care System



Another World is not only possible, She is on her way. On a quiet day I can hear her breathing."
                                  --Arundhati Roy-- 


 This was a quote offered to us from Stephen Lewis at the end of his eulogy for Jack Layton at Jack's State Funeral on Aug. 27 2011. So much about that service and so many of the words spoken by various people touched me in the depths of my Heart and Soul but I have to say that this quote touched me in the very core of my being. It keeps going through my mind like a mantra. On that day of honoring and celebrating Jack Layton's life and hopes and dreams, I could "hear her breathing". In the tremendous and beautiful community that came together that day to grieve, to cry, to love, to hope, to dream, to connect, I could "hear her breathing". It has made me think about other events, other gatherings, other connections of like minded people, other times when I have heard "her breathing". It has made me think about the story I am writing and the Shamanic journey groups I attend which connect me more deeply with my loving "Alien Friends" (see my 2010 blogs) and I know the sounds I hear in those moments are "her breathing".  In those moments, I can feel the tangible feeling of that New World emerging.


I know "She" is on her way. In those moments when love and compassion and connection happens between people, as it certainly did at Jack Layton's service, I can feel that She is living and breathing among us.

As we allow that New World to emerge more fully through our love and compassion and our willingness to dream and create, I believe She can come in even more strongly if we define and share our dreams in a tangible and concrete way.

Jack did inspire us to dream big! Bigger than one lifetime.

My Dream for a New Health Care System 

Imagine a Health Care System that really and truly cares about the good health and emotional well being of every individual.

Imagine a Health Care System where everyone has easy access to good, clean, organic food (no more pesticide and preservative laden foods full of cancer causing chemicals).

Imagine a Health Care System where everyone has easy access to clean, fresh drinking water.

Imagine a Health Care System where everyone has easy access to high quality supplements and vitamins that support and strengthen the body's immune system and all of its organs and systems.

Imagine a Health Care System where everyone has easy access to body/mind/emotion therapies to deal with and clear out the stresses and traumas that wreck havoc on the human body.

Imagine a Health Care System that ensures all stores can sell only natural, environmentally friendly cleaning products, skin care products etc.and only at reasonable prices.

Imagine a Health Care System that educates Doctors and Nurses in  the art of creating and maintaining good health. Imagine a Health Care System where Preventative Medicine is the primary area of Specialization.

Imagine a Health Care System that offers choices and works in harmony with nature and with the human body.

Etc.!!

If the Health Care System could begin to re-create itself by being devoted to the basics, of life -- clean food, clean water,  clean environment, emotional support -- whatever money would be needed to subsidize these kinds of programs would be significantly less that what is needed now to "attack" all the cancerous and other disease forms that are resulting from this currently unhealthy lifestyle that has happened to us.

And let's face it, the current medical "Cut, Burn Poison" (see www.vitalitymagazine.com Sept. 2011 Our Blog)  method of "treating" cancer really isn't working very well. We all had some glimpse into the final struggle of Jack Layton, a man who so loved and respected life and people, whose life ended way too soon and in such a tragic way. I watched my own father, also a very loving, kind, generous man, die at age 58 after suffering through the devastating effects of surgeries/radiation/chemotherapy. And I'm sure most of us could tell similar stories of friends, family, colleagues, who have been through the system in similar ways.I think the question we need to ask is "Why would a man, like Jack Layton, who was at the very pinnacle of his career, a man whose leadership is so needed in this country, be cut down so abruptly and so tragically?" I believe that our Health Care System needs to get right back to basics and focus on helping us access those things, like clean food and water, which will create better health in all of us. Then maybe we won't be losing so many good people so soon.

That is my "Health Care Dream". I feel pretty certain that Jack would support this Dream wholeheartedly.

I really do feel that this is an ideal time to be especially proactive in Dreaming Our Dreams and  Speaking What is in Our Hearts.

I've been writing so much recently about "Freeing the Voice " in various ways. This blog might seem like a bit of a departure from all of my recent Vocal Focus, but it is really not. Yes, Freeing the Voice is about Vocal Cord Development and Sounding and Singing and it is about Freeing the Voice to speak the Truth of Our Hearts.

So let's Dream Our Dreams, Speak Our Truth and Sing Our Songs!!

See you -- maybe at our Sing a Long Fri. Sept. 9??

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment