Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Root Chakra and Organic Food

Greetings to all Lovers of Clean Healthy Organic Food!

There definitely is a direct link between the Health of Our Planet Earth, Organic Farming and the Health and Strength of our Root Chakra.

Last night, Wed. Feb. 3, 2010 I began another Journey Through the Chakras, an eight week (every Wed. pm) exploration of these fascinating energy centres. As many times as I have presented this Journey, I am always amazed at the new information that comes forward, both through my own reflections and through the reflections and insights of the participants, each and every time I offer this series. Last night's class was focused on the Root Chakra which is the energy centre located at the base of the spine and is our direct connection with Mother Earth. I would highly recommend the book "Eastern Body Western Mind" by Judith Anodea (available at the Library) if you want a really thorough understanding of this energy system. Basically the Root Chakra is connected with our survival issues -- and we know there are plenty of those in our world today. A strong and balanced Root Chakra helps us to feel safe, secure, stable (including financial stability), and comfortable in family and community connections. It is strongly conneccted to our physical health and well being and that, of course, is deeply related to what we put into our bodies. If we put in clean healthy balanced Organic food then our bodies are well supported and nourished. If we eat conventional food with all of its chemicals and pesticides, the body has to struggle to detoxify the food and even then, the amount of nutrients in that food is greatly diminished because it has been so severely tampered with.
A fascinating tidbit -- according to some experiments done by Jane Goodall -- she discovered that if she held an organic piece of fruit in one hand and a conventional, full of pesticides piece of fruit in the other hand, her animal friends consistently chose the Organic fruit. They instinctively knew which one to choose. She has a wonderful book out called "Harvest for Hope -- a guide to mindful eating". This is also available at the Library along with many books on her adventures in Africa and her insights into animal nature. The Root Chakra is also connected with our Animal and instinctual nature which we do all have but our intellectual nature has overpowered that instinct. The more we can re-connect with the animals and pure healthy food, the more sensitive we will become in regards to our connection with the Earth.

In last night's class, after we released our stress and got centered through our Dance Flow through all of the Chakras we refocused on the Root Chakra and its qualities. Then, in our journals, we did the following exercise which you may find interesting to try on your own.

We reflected on and completed the statement, "Out of those Root Chakra qualities, the thing that is most important to me right now is........................................" Then we paused and imagined that thing or quality being in our lives right now.

Then taking that thing that is so important to us right now on a personal level, into a broader global dream, we completed the statement "My dream for the Earth and all of her beings is........................................ We imagined that dream happening and being real right now.

The next statement was "One small step or action or change of thought I can make towards this dream is................................." In our imagination we saw ourselves doing this.

People dreamed about vibrant physical health for themselves and for all people: feelings of connectedness came up. Also desires to feel grounded and stable.

In my own personal reflection on this I dreamed of the availablity and accessabilty of Organic Food for all. The steps that I saw myself taking towards this dream were: 1. Every time I step into the Organic store or go to the Organic Market, I will offer my gratitude for being able to shop and eat organically (as opposed my usual apprehension and anxiety of what this is going to cost as I step up to the cash register with my Organic treasures!) and to send out a prayer that all beings have abundant access to this wonderful food. 2. To support the Organic farmers in whatever way I can.

After imagining myself doing this last night, I was really excited today to discover, through Vitality magazine, that there is an Organic conference coming up next week Feb. 20 here in Toronto. If you like you can check that out at http://www.cogtoronto.org/

Just a final thought -- as I was preparing for this class I also stumbled upon some wonderful information about the Earth and the Universe by Brian Swimme -- if you google his name and then click on video, you'll see and hear some amazing stuff. In one of his videos he says that humanity is "in between" stories right now. The old story that we have been living is over now and our new story has not yet manifested (I am putting this in my own words in the way that I understood it). To me that means we have a tremendous power now to participate in the creation of that new story. And I believe that it is our dreams and our intentions that are creating that new story.


So l am dreaming of the Earth being loved and nurtured by the Organic farmers that we (and our governments) support and that every living being has access to an abundance of Organic food.

I'd love to hear what your dream is. chakradancer@hotmail.com or leave a post here.
I'll be in touch next week after our Sacral Chakra adventure!
Keep Dreaming!

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment